Having the parts spreading out like a wheel; wheel-shaped; as, a rotate spicule or scale; a rotate corolla, i.e., a monopetalous corolla with a flattish border, and no tube or a very short one.
- To turn around on an axis or center.
- To proceed in sequence; take turns or alternate: Interns will rotate through the various departments.
- To cause to turn on an axis or center. See Synonyms at turn.
- To plant or grow (crops) in a fixed order of succession.
- To cause to alternate or proceed in sequence: The coach rotates her players frequently near the end of the game.
- Having radiating parts; wheel-shaped.