The act of turning, as a wheel or a solid body on its axis, as distinguished from the progressive motion of a revolving round another body or a distant point; thus, the daily turning of the earth on its axis is a rotation; its annual motion round the sun is a revolution.
- The act or process of turning around a center or an axis: the axial rotation of the earth.
- A single complete cycle of such motion.
- Mathematics A transformation of a coordinate system in which the new axes have a specified angular displacement from their original position while the origin remains fixed.
- Regular and uniform variation in a sequence or series: a rotation of personnel; crop rotation.
- Games An order of shooting balls in billiards in which the ball with the lowest number on the table is always pocketed first.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ചുറ്റല് - Chuttal ;ചുറ്റിത്തിരിയൽ - Chuttiththiriyal | Chuttithiriyal ;തുടര്ച്ച - Thudarcha ;ക്രമം - Kramam ;ഭ്രാന്തം - Bhraantham | Bhrantham ;ഉരുള്ച്ച - Urulcha ;