The act of turning, as a wheel or a solid body on its axis, as distinguished from the progressive motion of a revolving round another body or a distant point; thus, the daily turning of the earth on its axis is a rotation; its annual motion round the sun is a revolution.
- The act or process of turning around a center or an axis: the axial rotation of the earth.
- A single complete cycle of such motion.
- Mathematics A transformation of a coordinate system in which the new axes have a specified angular displacement from their original position while the origin remains fixed.
- Regular and uniform variation in a sequence or series: a rotation of personnel; crop rotation.
- Games An order of shooting balls in billiards in which the ball with the lowest number on the table is always pocketed first.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കറങ്ങല് - Karangal ;ഭൂമിയുടെ ഭ്രമണം - Bhoomiyude Bhramanam ;പരിവര്ത്തനം - Parivarththanam | Parivarthanam ;ചുറ്റിത്തിരിയല് - Chuttiththiriyal | Chuttithiriyal ;പരിവൃത്തി - Parivruththi | Parivruthi ;ഉരുള്ച്ച - Urulcha ;