As a demonstrative pronoun, this denotes something that is present or near in place or time, or something just mentioned, or that is just about to be mentioned.
- Used to refer to the person or thing present, nearby, or just mentioned: This is my cat. These are my tools.
- Used to refer to what is about to be said: Now don't laugh when you hear this.
- Used to refer to the present event, action, or time: said he'd be back before this.
- Used to indicate the nearer or the more immediate one: This is mine and that is yours.
- Being just mentioned or present in space, time, or thought: She left early this morning.
- Being nearer or more immediate: this side and that side.
- Being about to be stated or described: Just wait till you hear this story.
- Informal Used as an emphatic substitute for the indefinite article: looking for this book of recipes.
- To this extent; so: never stayed out this late.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഏതല് - Ethal ;ജന്തുവോ - Janthuvo ;ഇവള് - Ival ;ഒടുവില് പറഞ്ഞത് - Oduvil Paranjathu ;ഇത് - Ithu ;വസ്തുതയോ - Vasthuthayo ;