An article of dress, of cloth, leather, or other stuff, worn on the fore part of the body, to keep the clothes clean, to defend them from injury, or as a covering. It is commonly tied at the waist by strings.
- A garment, usually fastened in the back, worn over all or part of the front of the body to protect clothing.
- Something, such as a protective shield for a machine, that resembles this garment in appearance or function.
- The paved strip in front of and around airport hangars and terminal buildings.
- The part of a stage in a theater extending in front of the curtain.
- A platform, as of planking, at the entrance to a dock.
- A covering or structure along a shoreline for protection against erosion.
- A platform serving a similar purpose below a dam or in a sluiceway.
- A continuous conveyor belt.
- An area covered by sand and gravel deposited at the front of a glacial moraine.
- A border of slightly longer grass that surrounds a green on a golf course.
- The part of a boxing ring floor that extends beyond the ropes.
- To cover, protect, or provide with an apron.