A series of arches with the columns or piers which support them, the spandrels above, and other necessary appurtenances; sometimes open, serving as an entrance or to give light; sometimes closed at the back (as in the cut) and forming a decorative feature.
- A series of arches supported by columns, piers, or pillars, either freestanding or attached to a wall to form a gallery.
- A series of arches employed for decorative purposes.
- A roofed passageway or lane, especially one with shops on one or both sides.
- A commercial establishment featuring rows of coin-operated games.
- To provide with or form into an arcade: closed off and arcaded the narrow street.