A chamber, or instrument having a chamber. Specifically: The camera obscura when used in photography. See Camera, and Camera obscura.
- An apparatus for taking photographs, generally consisting of a lightproof enclosure having an aperture with a shuttered lens through which the image of an object is focused and recorded on a photosensitive film, plate, or sensor.
- The part of a television transmitting apparatus that receives the primary image on a light-sensitive cathode-ray tube and transforms it into electrical impulses.
- Camera obscura.
- A judge's private chamber.
- in camera In private.
- off camera Outside the field of view of a television or movie camera.
- on camera Within the field of view of a television or movie camera.