A piece of glass, or other transparent substance, ground with two opposite regular surfaces, either both curved, or one curved and the other plane, and commonly used, either singly or combined, in optical instruments, for changing the direction of rays of light, and thus magnifying objects, or otherwise modifying vision. In practice, the curved surfaces are usually spherical, though rarely cylindrical, or of some other figure.
- A ground or molded piece of glass, plastic, or other transparent material with opposite surfaces either or both of which are curved, by means of which light rays are refracted so that they converge or diverge to form an image.
- A combination of two or more such pieces, sometimes with other optical devices such as prisms, used to form an image for viewing or photographing. Also called compound lens.
- A device that causes radiation other than light to converge or diverge by an action analogous to that of an optical lens.
- A transparent, biconvex body of the eye between the iris and the vitreous humor that focuses light rays entering through the pupil to form an image on the retina.
- Informal To make a photograph or movie of.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കുഴല്ക്കണ്ണാടിച്ചില്ല് - Kuzhalkkannaadichillu | Kuzhalkkannadichillu ;ഭൂതക്കണ്ണാടി - Bhoothakkannaadi | Bhoothakkannadi ;ലെന്സ് - Lensu ;കുഴല് ക്കണ്ണാടിചില്ല് - Kuzhal Kkannaadichillu | Kuzhal Kkannadichillu ;കാചം - Kaacham | Kacham ;ക്യാമറയിലെ കാചം - Kyaamarayile Kaacham | Kyamarayile Kacham ;