A meeting, especially a preliminary meeting, of persons belonging to a party, to nominate candidates for public office, or to select delegates to a nominating convention, or to confer regarding measures of party policy; a political primary meeting.
- A meeting of the local members of a political party especially to select delegates to a convention or register preferences for candidates running for office.
- A closed meeting of party members within a legislative body to decide on questions of policy or leadership.
- A group within a legislative or decision-making body seeking to represent a specific interest or influence a particular area of policy: a minority caucus.
- Chiefly British A committee within a political party charged with determining policy.
- To assemble in or hold a caucus.
- To assemble or canvass (members of a caucus).