A military man serving on horseback; a knight.
- A gallant or chivalrous man, especially one serving as escort to a woman of high social position; a gentleman.
- A mounted soldier; a knight.
- A supporter of Charles I of England in his struggles against Parliament. Also called Royalist.
- Showing arrogant or offhand disregard; dismissive: a cavalier attitude toward the suffering of others.
- Carefree and nonchalant; jaunty.
- Of or relating to a group of 17th-century English poets associated with the court of Charles I.