Allied by blood; kindred by birth; specifically (Law), related on the mother's side.
- Related by blood; having a common ancestor.
- Related in origin, as certain words in genetically related languages descended from the same ancestral root; for example, English name and Latin nōmen from Indo-European *nŏ̄-men-.
- Related or analogous in nature, character, or function.
- One related by blood or origin with another, especially a person sharing an ancestor with another.
- A word related to one in another language.