Of or pertaining to an object.
- Of or having to do with a material object.
- Having actual existence or reality.
- Uninfluenced by emotions or personal prejudices: an objective critic. See Synonyms at fair1.
- Based on observable phenomena; presented factually: an objective appraisal.
- Medicine Indicating a symptom or condition perceived as a sign of disease by someone other than the person affected.
- Grammar Of, relating to, or being the case of a noun or pronoun that serves as the object of a verb.
- Grammar Of or relating to a noun or pronoun used in this case.
- Something that actually exists.
- Something worked toward or striven for; a goal. See Synonyms at intention.
- Grammar The objective case.
- Grammar A noun or pronoun in the objective case.
- The lens or lens system in a microscope or other optical instrument that first receives light rays from the object and forms the image. Also called object glass, objective lens, object lens.