To converse together with sympathy and confidence; to interchange sentiments or feelings; to take counsel.
- To be in a state of intimate, heightened sensitivity and receptivity, as with one's surroundings: hikers communing with nature.
- To receive the Eucharist.
- A relatively small, often rural community whose members share common interests, work, and income and often own property collectively.
- The people in such a community.
- The smallest local political division of various European countries, governed by a mayor and municipal council.
- A local community organized with a government for promoting local interests.
- A municipal corporation in the Middle Ages.
- The revolutionary group that controlled the government of Paris from 1789 to 1794.
- The insurrectionary, socialist government that controlled Paris from March 18 to May 28, 1871.