Not personal; not representing a person; not having personality.
- Lacking personality; not being a person: an impersonal force.
- Showing no emotion or personality: an aloof, impersonal manner.
- Having no personal reference or connection: an impersonal remark.
- Not responsive to or expressive of human personalities: a large, impersonal corporation.
- Grammar Of, relating to, or being a verb that expresses the action of an unspecified subject, as in methinks, "it seems to me”; Latin pluit, "it rains”; or, with an expletive subject, it snowed.
- Grammar Indefinite. Used of pronouns.