Unlimited extent of time, space, or quantity; eternity; boundlessness; immensity.
- The quality or condition of being infinite.
- Unbounded space, time, or quantity.
- An indefinitely large number or amount.
- Mathematics The limit that a function ∫ is said to approach at x = a when ∫(x) is larger than any preassigned number for all x sufficiently near a.
- A range in relation to an optical system, such as a camera lens, representing distances great enough that light rays reflected from objects within the range may be regarded as parallel.
- A distance setting, as on a camera, beyond which the entire field is in focus.