Depression of spirits; a gloomy state continuing a considerable time; deep dejection; gloominess.
- Sadness or depression of the spirits; gloom: "There is melancholy in the wind and sorrow in the grass” ( Charles Kuralt).
- Pensive reflection or contemplation.
- Archaic Black bile.
- Archaic An emotional state characterized by sullenness and outbreaks of violent anger, believed to arise from black bile.
- Affected with or marked by depression of the spirits; sad. See Synonyms at sad.
- Tending to promote sadness or gloom: a letter with some melancholy news.
- Pensive; thoughtful.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
അവസാദം - Avasaadham | Avasadham ;വ്യഥ - Vyatha ;വിഷാദ ശീലനായ - Vishaadha Sheelanaaya | Vishadha Sheelanaya ;ഖേദം - Khedham ;സദാ ഖിന്നനായ - Sadhaa Khinnanaaya | Sadha Khinnanaya ;ദുഃഖസൂചകമായ - Dhuakhasoochakamaaya | Dhuakhasoochakamaya ;