Sound in opinion or doctrine, especially in religious doctrine; hence, holding the Christian faith; believing the doctrines taught in the Scriptures; -- opposed to heretical and heterodox; as, an orthodox Christian.
- Adhering to the accepted or traditional and established faith, especially in religion.
- Adhering to the Christian faith as expressed in the early Christian ecumenical creeds.
- Of or relating to any of the churches or rites of the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Of or relating to Orthodox Judaism.
- Adhering to what is commonly accepted, customary, or traditional: an orthodox view of world affairs.
- One that is orthodox.
- A member of an Eastern Orthodox church.