Formed by agreement or compact; stipulated.
- Based on or in accordance with general agreement, use, or practice; customary: conventional symbols; a conventional form of address.
- Conforming to established practice or accepted standards; traditional: a conventional church wedding.
- Devoted to or bound by conventions to the point of artificiality; ceremonious.
- Unimaginative; conformist: longed to escape from their conventional, bourgeois lives.
- Represented, as in a work of art, in simplified or abstract form.
- Law Based on consent or agreement; contractual.
- Of, relating to, or resembling an assembly.
- Using means other than nuclear weapons or energy: conventional warfare; conventional power plants.