To cast or cover over; hence, to cloud; to darken.
- Covered or obscured, as with clouds or mist.
- Clouded over.
- Gloomy; melancholy.
- Sewn with long, overlying stitches in order to prevent raveling, as the raw edges of fabric.
- A covering, as of mist or clouds.
- An arch or support for a passage over another passage in a mine.
- A cast made in fishing that falls beyond the point intended.
- An overcast stitch or seam.
- To make cloudy or gloomy.
- To cast beyond (the intended point) with a fishing rod.
- To sew with long, overlying stitches.
- To become cloudy or gloomy.