Juice; gravy; a seasoned dish; a delicacy.
- To make, repair, or fasten by stitching, as with a needle and thread or a sewing machine: sew a dress; sew on a button.
- To furnish with stitches for the purpose of closing, fastening, or attaching: sew an incision closed.
- To work with a needle and thread or with a sewing machine.
- sew up Informal To complete successfully: Our team has sewn up the championship.
- sew up Informal To gain complete control of; monopolize.
- sew up Informal To make sure of: campaign strategists who were trying to sew up the election results.