Of or pertaining to the foot, or to feet, literally or figuratively; specifically (Zoöl.), pertaining to the foot of a mollusk; as, the pedal ganglion.
- A foot-operated lever used for actuating or controlling a mechanism, as in a loom, sewing machine, piano, or organ.
- A similar foot-operated part attached to a crank and used for powering various devices, such as a bicycle.
- Music A pedal point.
- Music A pedal keyboard.
- Of or relating to a pedal.
- Of or relating to a foot or footlike part: the pedal extremities.
- To use or operate a pedal or pedals.
- To ride a bicycle.
- To operate the pedals of.