A duplicate book, register, or account, kept to correct or check another account or register; a counter register.
- To exercise authoritative or dominating influence over; direct. See Synonyms at conduct.
- To adjust to a requirement; regulate: controlled trading on the stock market; controls the flow of water.
- To hold in restraint; check: struggled to control my temper.
- To reduce or prevent the spread of: control insects; controlled the fire by dousing it with water.
- To verify or regulate (a scientific experiment) by conducting a parallel experiment or by comparing with another standard.
- To verify (an account, for example) by using a duplicate register for comparison.
- Authority or ability to manage or direct: lost control of the skidding car; the leaders in control of the country.
- One that controls; a controlling agent, device, or organization.
- An instrument or set of instruments used to operate, regulate, or guide a machine or vehicle. Often used in the plural.
- A restraining device, measure, or limit; a curb: a control on prices; price controls.
- A standard of comparison for checking or verifying the results of an experiment.
- An individual or group used as a standard of comparison in a control experiment.
- An intelligence agent who supervises or instructs another agent.
- A spirit presumed to speak or act through a medium.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
സംയമം - Samyamam ;അകൃതാത്മാവ് - Akruthaathmaavu | Akruthathmavu ;യമനം - Yamanam ;താമ്പ് - Thaampu | Thampu ;മേല്നോട്ടം വഹിക്കുക - Melnottam Vahikkuka ;അധികാരം - Adhikaaram | Adhikaram ;