To thrust into, penetrate, or transfix, with a pointed instrument.
- To cut or pass through with or as if with a sharp instrument; stab or penetrate.
- To make a hole or opening in; perforate.
- To make a way through: The path pierced the wilderness.
- To sound sharply through: His shout pierced the din.
- To succeed in penetrating (something) with the eyes or the intellect: Large glowing yellow eyes pierced the darkness.
- To penetrate into or through something: The rocket pierced through space.