To come or go into; to pass into the interior of; to pass within the outer cover or shell of; to penetrate; to pierce; as, to enter a house, a closet, a country, a door, etc.; the river enters the sea.
- To come or go into: The train entered the tunnel.
- To penetrate; pierce: The bullet entered the victim's skull.
- To introduce; insert: She entered the probe into the patient's artery.
- To become a participant, member, or part of; join: too old to enter the army; entered the discussion at a crucial moment.
- To gain admission to (a school, for example).
- To cause to become a participant, member, or part of; enroll: entered the children in private school; entered dahlias in a flower show.
- To embark on; begin: With Sputnik, the Soviet Union entered the space age.
- To make a beginning in; take up: entered medicine.
- To write or put in: entered our names in the guest book; enters the data into the computer.
- To place formally on record; submit: enter a plea of innocence; enter a complaint.
- To go to or occupy in order to claim possession of (land).
- To report (a ship or cargo) to customs.
- To come or go in; make an entry: As the President entered, the band played "Hail to the Chief.”
- To effect penetration.
- To become a member or participant.
- enter into To participate in; take an active role or interest in: enter into politics; enter into negotiations.
- enter into To become party to (a contract): The nations entered into a trade agreement.
- enter into To become a component of; form a part of: Financial matters entered into the discussion.
- enter into To consider; investigate: The report entered into the effect of high interest rates on the market.
- on To set out on; begin: We enter on a new era in our history.
- on To begin considering; take up: After discussing the budget deficit, they entered on the problem of raising taxes.
- on To take possession of: She entered upon the estate of her uncle.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
നിവേശിക്കുക - Niveshikkuka ;അകത്തു കടക്കുക - Akaththu Kadakkuka | Akathu Kadakkuka ;തുടങ്ങുക - Thudanguka ;പ്രവേശിക്കുക - Praveshikkuka ;കയറുക - Kayaruka ;കടത്തുക - Kadaththuka | Kadathuka ;