Exceeding what is natural or necessary; superabundant; exuberant; as, a redundant quantity of bile or food.
- Exceeding what is necessary or natural; superfluous.
- Needlessly wordy or repetitive in expression: a student paper filled with redundant phrases.
- Of or relating to linguistic redundancy.
- Chiefly British Dismissed or laid off from work, as for being no longer needed.
- Electronics Of or involving redundancy in electronic equipment.
- Of or involving redundancy in the transmission of messages.