A bed of oysters or mussels.
- The skin covering the top of the human head.
- A portion of this skin with its attached hair, cut from a body especially as a battle trophy or as proof in claiming a bounty.
- A piece of hide from the skull of certain animals, such as the fox, shown as proof of killing in order to collect a bounty.
- A trophy of victory.
- To cut or tear the scalp from.
- To deprive of top growth or a top layer: land scalped by strip miners.
- To resell at a price higher than the established value: scalping tickets to the baseball game.
- To buy and sell (securities or commodities) in order to make small quick profits.
- To engage in the reselling of something, such as tickets, at a price higher than the established value.
- To buy and sell securities or commodities for small quick profits.