The quality or state of being singular; some character or quality of a thing by which it is distinguished from all, or from most, others; peculiarity.
- The quality or condition of being singular.
- A trait marking one as distinct from others; a peculiarity.
- Something uncommon or unusual.
- Astrophysics A point in space-time at which gravitational forces cause matter to have infinite density and infinitesimal volume, and space and time to become infinitely distorted.
- Mathematics A point at which the derivative does not exist for a given function but every neighborhood of which contains points for which the derivative exists. Also called singular point.