The angel fish (Squatina angelus).
- To sit in a crouching position with knees bent and the buttocks on or near the heels.
- To crouch down, as an animal does.
- To settle on unoccupied land without legal claim.
- To occupy a given piece of public land in order to acquire title to it.
- To put (oneself) into a crouching posture.
- To occupy as a squatter.
- Short and thick; low and broad.
- Crouched in a squatting position.
- The act of squatting.
- A squatting or crouching posture.
- Sports A lift or a weightlifting exercise in which one squats and stands while holding a weighted barbell supported by the back of the shoulders.
- The place occupied by a squatter.
- The lair of an animal such as a hare.
- Slang A small or worthless amount; diddlysquat.