High in stature; having a considerable, or an unusual, extension upward; long and comparatively slender; having the diameter or lateral extent small in proportion to the height; as, a tall person, tree, or mast.
- Having greater than ordinary height: a tall woman.
- Having considerable height, especially in relation to width; lofty: tall trees.
- Having a specified height: a plant three feet tall.
- Informal Fanciful or exaggerated; boastful: tall tales of heroic exploits.
- Impressively great or difficult: a tall order to fill.
- Archaic Excellent; fine.
- With proud bearing; straight: stand tall.