To brandish; to move to and fro; to swing; as, to vibrate a sword or a staff.
- To move back and forth or to and fro, especially rhythmically and rapidly. See Synonyms at swing.
- To feel a quiver of emotion.
- To shake or move with or as if with a slight quivering or trembling motion: "Even as the film moved . . . to the more deadly fields of Vietnam, old hatreds vibrated in me” ( Loudon Wainwright).
- To produce a sound; resonate.
- To fluctuate or waver in making choices; vacillate.
- To cause to tremble or quiver.
- To cause to move back and forth rapidly.
- To produce (sound) by vibration.