A garden or grove near Athens (so named from the hero Academus), where Plato and his followers held their philosophical conferences; hence, the school of philosophy of which Plato was head.
- A school for special instruction.
- A secondary or college-preparatory school, especially a private one.
- The academic community; academe: "When there's moral leadership from the White House and from the academy, people tend to adjust” ( Jesse Jackson).
- Higher education in general. Used with the.
- A society of scholars, scientists, or artists.
- Plato's school for advanced education and the first institutional school of philosophy.
- The disciples of Plato.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പണ്ഡിതസഭ - Pandithasabha ;വിദ്യാപീഠം - Vidhyaapeedam | Vidhyapeedam ;പാതാളം - Paathaalam | Pathalam ;കുഴി - Kuzhi ;ശിക്ഷാകേന്ദ്രം - Shikshaakendhram | Shikshakendhram ;പരിശീലന സ്ഥാപനം - Parisheelana Sthaapanam | Parisheelana Sthapanam ;