Established; organized; founded.
- To establish, organize, and set in operation.
- To initiate; begin. See Synonyms at found1.
- To establish or invest in an office or a position.
- Something instituted, especially an authoritative rule or precedent.
- A digest of the principles or rudiments of a particular subject, especially a legal abstract.
- An organization founded to promote a cause: a cancer research institute.
- An educational institution, especially one for the instruction of technical subjects.
- The building or buildings housing such an institution.
- A usually short, intensive workshop or seminar on a specific subject.