The act of establishing; a ratifying or ordaining; settlement; confirmation.
- The act of establishing.
- The condition or fact of being established.
- Something established, as:
- An arranged order or system, especially a legal code.
- A permanent civil, political, or military organization.
- An established church.
- A place of residence or business with its possessions and staff.
- A public or private institution, such as a hospital or school.
- An established social order, as:
- A group of people holding most of the power and influence in a government or society. Often used with the.
- A controlling group in a given field of activity. Often used with the.