To perforate or penetrate, as a solid body, by turning an auger, gimlet, drill, or other instrument; to make a round hole in or through; to pierce; as, to bore a plank.
- To make a hole in or through, with or as if with a drill.
- To form (a tunnel, for example) by drilling, digging, or burrowing.
- To make a hole in or through something with or as if with a drill: "three types of protein that enable the cells to bore in and out of blood vessels” ( Elisabeth Rosenthal).
- To proceed or advance steadily or laboriously: a destroyer boring through heavy seas.
- A hole or passage made by or as if by use of a drill.
- A hollow, usually cylindrical chamber or barrel, as of a firearm.
- The interior diameter of a hole, tube, or cylinder.
- The caliber of a firearm.
- A drilling tool.
- To make weary by being dull, repetitive, or tedious: The movie bored us.
- One that is wearingly dull, repetitive, or tedious.
- A high, often dangerous wave caused by the surge of a flood tide upstream in a narrowing estuary or by colliding tidal currents. Also called eagre.
- Past tense of bear1.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഉപദ്രവം - Upadhravam ;മുന്വശം ചെങ്കുത്തായ ജലമതിലായി നീങ്ങുന്ന തിര - Munvasham Chenkuththaaya Jalamathilaayi Neengunna Thira | Munvasham Chenkuthaya Jalamathilayi Neengunna Thira ;ഛിദ്രം - Chidhram ;മുഷിപ്പിക്കുക - Mushippikkuka ;വെടിത്തുള - Vediththula | Vedithula ;തുളയ്ക്കുക - Thulaykkuka ;