An artifice or stratagem; a cunning contrivance; a sly procedure, usually with a dishonest intent; as, a trick in trade.
- An act or procedure intended to achieve an end by deceptive or fraudulent means. See Synonyms at wile.
- A mischievous action; a prank.
- A stupid, disgraceful, or childish act or performance.
- A peculiar trait or characteristic; a mannerism: "Mimicry is the trick by which a moth or other defenseless insect comes to look like a wasp” ( Marston Bates).
- A peculiar event with unexpected, often deceptive results: "One of history's cruelest tricks is to take words that sounded good at the time and make them sound pretty stupid” ( David Owen).
- A deceptive or illusive appearance; an illusion: a trick of sunlight.
- A special skill; a knack: Is there a trick to getting this window to stay up?
- A convention or specialized skill peculiar to a particular field of activity: learned the tricks of the winemaking trade.
- A feat of magic or legerdemain.
- A difficult, dexterous, or clever act designed to amuse.
- Games All the cards played in a single round, one from each player.
- Games One such round.
- A period or turn of duty, as at the helm of a ship.
- Slang A prison term.
- Slang An act of prostitution.
- Slang A prostitute's customer.
- Slang A session carried out by a prostitute with a client.
- Slang A robbery or theft.
- To cheat or deceive or to practice trickery or deception.
- Of, relating to, or involving tricks.
- Capable of performing tricks: a trick dog.
- Designed or made for doing a trick or tricks: trick cards; trick dice.
- Weak, defective, or liable to fail: a trick knee.
- out Informal To ornament or adorn, often garishly: was all tricked out in beads and fringe.
- do To bring about the desired result.
- how's tricks Informal Used to make a friendly inquiry about a person or that person's affairs.
- not miss a trick To be extremely alert: The teacher was known for not missing a trick.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കുരുട്ടുവിദ്യ - Kuruttuvidhya ;ഹൂര്ച്ഛനം - Hoorchchanam ;അടവ് - Adavu ;വേലത്തരം - Velaththaram | Velatharam ;സൂത്രപ്പണി - Soothrappani ;ഉപായം - Upaayam | Upayam ;