Tending to excite laughter or contempt by extravagant images, or by a contrast between the subject and the manner of treating it, as when a trifling subject is treated with mock gravity; jocular; ironical.
- A literary or dramatic work that ridicules a subject either by presenting a solemn subject in an undignified style or an inconsequential subject in a dignified style. See Synonyms at caricature.
- A ludicrous or mocking imitation; a travesty: The antics of the defense attorneys turned the trial into a burlesque of justice.
- A variety show characterized by broad ribald comedy, dancing, and striptease.
- To imitate mockingly or humorously: "always bringing junk . . . home, as if he were burlesquing his role as provider” ( John Updike).
- To use the methods or techniques of burlesque.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഹാസ്യാനുകരണം - Haasyaanukaranam | Hasyanukaranam ;ശവസംസ്കാരം - Shavasamskaaram | Shavasamskaram ;പരിഹസിക്കുക - Parihasikkuka ;പ്രഹസനനാടകം - Prahasananaadakam | Prahasananadakam ;പരിഹാസ്യമായ - Parihaasyamaaya | Parihasyamaya ;പരിഹാസ വചനം - Parihaasa Vachanam | Parihasa Vachanam ;