A general name for the numerous species of diurnal Lepidoptera.
- Any of various insects of the order Lepidoptera, characteristically having slender bodies, knobbed antennae, and four broad, usually colorful wings.
- A person interested principally in frivolous pleasure: a social butterfly.
- Sports A swimming stroke in which a swimmer lying face down draws both arms upward out of the water, thrusts them forward, and draws them back under the water in an hourglass design while performing a dolphin kick.
- Sports A race or a leg of a race in which this stroke is swum.
- A feeling of unease or mild nausea caused especially by fearful anticipation.
- To cut and spread open and flat, as shrimp.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പൂമ്പാറ്റ - Poompaatta | Poompatta ;ചപലമായ - Chapalamaaya | Chapalamaya ;വസ്ത്രാലങ്കാരപ്രിയന് - Vasthraalankaarapriyan | Vasthralankarapriyan ;ചിത്രശലഭംപോലെ - Chithrashalabhampole ;പൂന്പാറ്റ - Poonpaatta | Poonpatta ;ചപലവ്യക്തി - Chapalavyakthi ;