To extend in length and breadth, or in breadth only; to stretch or expand to a broad or broader surface or extent; to open; to unfurl; as, to spread a carpet; to spread a tent or a sail.
- To open to a fuller extent or width; stretch: spread out the tablecloth; a bird spreading its wings.
- To make wider the gap between; move farther apart: spread her fingers.
- To distribute over a surface in a layer: spread varnish on the steps.
- To cover with a layer: spread a cracker with butter.
- To distribute widely: The tornado spread destruction.
- To make a wide or extensive arrangement of: We spread the bicycle parts out on the floor.
- To exhibit or display the full extent of: the scene that was spread before us.
- To cause to become widely seen or known; scatter or disseminate: spread the news; spread the beam of the flashlight.
- To prepare (a table) for eating; set.
- To arrange (food or a meal) on a table.
- To flatten (a rivet end, for example) by pounding.
- To be extended or enlarged.
- To become distributed or widely dispersed.
- To increase in range of occurrence; become known or prevalent over a wide area: The word spread fast.
- To be exhibited, displayed, or visible in broad or full extent: the vista spread seemingly to infinity.
- To become or admit of being distributed in a layer.
- To become separated; be forced farther apart.
- The act of spreading.
- Dissemination, as of news; diffusion.
- An open area of land; an expanse.
- A ranch, a farm, or an estate.
- The extent or limit to which something is or can be spread; range.
- A cloth covering for a bed, table, or other piece of furniture.
- Informal An abundant meal laid out on a table.
- A food to be spread on bread or crackers.
- Two facing pages of a magazine or newspaper, often with related matter extending across the fold.
- A story or advertisement running across two or more columns of a magazine or newspaper.
- A difference, as between two figures or totals.
- A position taken in two or more options or futures contracts in order to profit from a change in their relative prices.
- The difference between the price asked and bid for a particular security.
- A number of points offered to equalize the chances of winning in a wager on a competition, usually between sports teams. Also called point spread.
- spread (oneself) thin To work on too many projects: overextend oneself.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പരസ്യമാക്കുക - Parasyamaakkuka | Parasyamakkuka ;പ്രസരിക്കുക - Prasarikkuka ;പടര്ന്നുപിടിക്കുക - Padarnnupidikkuka ;പ്രചരിത - Pracharitha ;പ്രചുരമാക്കുക - Prachuramaakkuka | Prachuramakkuka ;പ്രചരിക്കുക - Pracharikkuka ;