To render unable to breathe by filling, pressing upon, or squeezing the windpipe; to stifle; to suffocate; to strangle.
- To interfere with the respiration of by compression or obstruction of the larynx or trachea.
- To check or slow down the movement, growth, or action of: a garden that was choked by weeds.
- To block up or obstruct by filling or clogging: Mud choked the drainpipe.
- To fill up completely; jam: Major commuter arteries were choked with stalled traffic.
- To reduce the air intake of (a carburetor), thereby enriching the fuel mixture.
- Sports To grip (a bat or racket, for example) at a point nearer the hitting surface.
- To have difficulty in breathing, swallowing, or speaking.
- To become blocked up or obstructed.
- Sports To shorten one's grip on the handle of a bat or racket. Often used with up.
- To fail to perform effectively because of nervous agitation or tension, especially in an athletic contest: choked by missing an easy putt on the final hole.
- The act or sound of choking.
- Something that constricts or chokes.
- A slight narrowing of the barrel of a shotgun serving to concentrate the shot.
- A device used in an internal-combustion engine to enrich the fuel mixture by reducing the flow of air to the carburetor.
- The fibrous inedible center of an artichoke head.
- choke back To hold back; suppress: choked back his tears.
- choke off To bring to an end as if by choking: "Treasury borrowing of existing savings would drive up the interest rate and choke off economic activity” ( Paul Craig Roberts).
- choke up To be unable to speak because of strong emotion.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
തടയുക - Thadayuka ;കഴുത്ത ഞെക്കുക - Kazhuththa Njekkuka | Kazhutha Njekkuka ;നിരുദ്ധകണ്ഠനാകുക - Niruddhakandanaakuka | Nirudhakandanakuka ;സ്തംഭിപ്പിക്കുക - Sthambhippikkuka ;ഞെരുക്കുക - Njerukkuka ;കഴുത്തു ഞെരിക്കുക - Kazhuththu Njerikkuka | Kazhuthu Njerikkuka ;