A citizen who put himself under the protection of a man of distinction and influence, who was called his patron.
- The party for which professional services are rendered, as by an attorney.
- A customer or patron: clients of the hotel.
- A person using the services of a social services agency.
- One that depends on the protection of another.
- A client state.
- Computer Science A computer or program that can download files for manipulation, run applications, or request application-based services from a file server.