Of or pertaining to a continent.
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of a continent.
- Of or relating to the mainland of Europe; European.
- Of or relating to the American colonies during and immediately after the American Revolution.
- Used as an intensive: "Blaine, Blaine, James G. Blaine,/The continental liar from the state of Maine.” ( Grover Cleveland).
- An inhabitant of a continent.
- An inhabitant of the mainland of Europe; a European.
- A native of the continental United States living or working in Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- A soldier in the American army during the American Revolution.
- A piece of paper money issued by the Continental Congress during the American Revolution.