To plunge into water head foremost; to thrust the body under, or deeply into, water or other fluid.
- To plunge, especially headfirst, into water.
- To execute a dive in athletic competition.
- To participate in the sport of competitive diving.
- To go toward the bottom of a body of water; submerge.
- To engage in the activity of scuba diving.
- To submerge under power. Used of a submarine.
- To fall head down through the air.
- To descend nose down at an acceleration usually exceeding that of free fall. Used of an airplane.
- To engage in the sport of skydiving.
- To drop sharply and rapidly; plummet: Stock prices dove 100 points in a single day of trading.
- To rush headlong and vanish into: dive into a crowd.
- To plunge one's hand into.
- To lunge: dove for the loose ball.
- To plunge into an activity or enterprise with vigor and gusto.
- To cause (an aircraft, for example) to dive.
- A plunge into water, especially done headfirst and in a way established for athletic competition.
- The act or an instance of submerging, as of a submarine or a skin diver.
- A nearly vertical descent at an accelerated speed through the air.
- A quick, pronounced drop.
- Slang A disreputable or run-down bar or nightclub.
- A run-down residence.
- Sports A knockout feigned by prearrangement between prizefighters: The challenger took a dive.
- Sports An exaggerated fall, especially by a hockey player, intended to draw a penalty against an opponent.
- A lunge or a headlong jump: made a dive to catch the falling teacup.
- Football An offensive play in which the carrier of the ball plunges into the opposing line in order to gain short yardage.
- A plural of diva.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
മുങ്ങുക - Munguka ;മുഴുകുക - Muzhukuka ;തഥൈവ - Thathaiva ;നീര്ക്കാങ്കുഴിയിടുക - Neerkkaankuzhiyiduka | Neerkkankuzhiyiduka ;ഊളിയിടുക - Ooliyiduka ;വേഗം ഓടിമറയുക - Vegam Odimarayuka ;