The act of flying; a passing through the air by the help of wings; volitation; mode or style of flying.
- The motion of an object in or through a medium, especially through the earth's atmosphere or through space.
- An instance of such motion.
- The distance covered in such motion.
- The act or process of flying through the air by means of wings.
- The ability to fly.
- A swift passage or movement.
- A scheduled airline run or trip.
- A group, especially of birds or aircraft, flying together. See Synonyms at flock1.
- A number of aircraft in the U.S. Air Force forming a subdivision of a squadron.
- A round of competition, as in a sports tournament.
- An exuberant or transcendent effort or display: a flight of the imagination; flights of oratory.
- A series of stairs rising from one landing to another.
- To migrate or fly in flocks.
- The act or an instance of running away; an escape.