Ruling; governing; prevailing; controlling; predominant; as, the dominant party, church, spirit, power.
- Exercising the most influence or control.
- Most prominent, as in position; ascendant.
- Genetics Of, relating to, or being an allele that produces the same phenotypic effect whether inherited with a homozygous or heterozygous allele.
- Ecology Of, relating to, or being a species that is most characteristic of an ecological community and usually determines the presence, abundance, and type of other species.
- Music Relating to or based on the fifth tone of a diatonic scale.
- Genetics A dominant allele or trait.
- Ecology A dominant species.
- Music The fifth tone of a diatonic scale.