The act of illuminating, or supplying with light; the state of being illuminated.
- The act of illuminating.
- The state of being illuminated.
- A source of light.
- Decorative lighting.
- Spiritual or intellectual enlightenment.
- Clarification; elucidation.
- The art or act of decorating a text, page, or initial letter with ornamental designs, miniatures, or lettering.
- An example of this art.
- Physics The luminous flux per unit area at any point on a surface exposed to incident light. Also called illuminance.