- A thin line or narrow beam of light or other radiant energy.
- A graphic or other representation of such a line.
- Radiance; light.
- A small amount; a trace: not a ray of hope left.
- Mathematics A straight line extending from a point. Also called half-line.
- A structure or part having the form of a straight line extending from a point.
- Any of the bright streaks that are seen radiating from some craters on the moon.
- Botany A ray flower or the corolla of a ray flower.
- Botany A branch of an umbel.
- Zoology One of the bony spines supporting the membrane of a fish's fin.
- Zoology One of the arms of a starfish or other radiate animal.
- Slang Sunshine: Let's go to the beach and catch some rays.
- To send out as rays; emit.
- To supply with rays or radiating lines.
- To cast rays on; irradiate.
- Any of various marine fishes of the order Rajiformes or Batoidei, having cartilaginous skeletons, horizontally flattened bodies, and narrow tails.