- A narrow country road.
- A narrow way or passage between walls, hedges, or fences.
- A narrow passage, course, or track, especially:
- A prescribed course for ships or aircraft.
- A strip delineated on a street or highway to accommodate a single line of vehicles: a breakdown lane; an express lane.
- Sports One of a set of parallel courses marking the bounds for contestants in a race, especially in swimming or track.
- Sports A wood-surfaced passageway or alley along which a bowling ball is rolled.
- Sports An unmarked lengthwise area of a playing field or ice rink viewed as the main playing area for a particular position, such as a wing in soccer.
- Basketball The rectangular area marked on a court from the end line to the foul line.