Something inclosing a light, and protecting it from wind, rain, etc.; -- sometimes portable, as a closed vessel or case of horn, perforated tin, glass, oiled paper, or other material, having a lamp or candle within; sometimes fixed, as the glazed inclosure of a street light, or of a lighthouse light.
- An often portable case with transparent or translucent sides for holding and protecting a light.
- A decorative casing for a light, often of paper.
- A light and its protective or decorative case.
- The room at the top of a lighthouse where the light is located.
- Obsolete A lighthouse.
- A structure built on top of a roof or dome with open or windowed walls to admit light and air.