Any large piece of timber or iron long in proportion to its thickness, and prepared for use.
- A squared-off log or a large, oblong piece of timber, metal, or stone used especially as a horizontal support in construction.
- Nautical A transverse structural member of a ship's frame, used to support a deck and to brace the sides against stress.
- Nautical The breadth of a ship at the widest point.
- Nautical The side of a ship: sighted land off the starboard beam.
- Informal The widest part of a person's hips: broad in the beam.
- A steel tube or wooden roller on which the warp is wound in a loom.
- An oscillating lever connected to an engine piston rod and used to transmit power to the crankshaft.
- The bar of a balance from which weighing pans are suspended.
- Sports A balance beam.
- The main horizontal bar on a plow to which the share, colter, and handles are attached.
- One of the main stems of a deer's antlers.
- A ray or shaft of light.
- A concentrated stream of particles or a similar propagation of waves: a beam of protons; a beam of light.
- A radio beam.
- To radiate light; shine.
- To smile expansively.
- To emit or transmit: beam a message via satellite.
- To express by means of a radiant smile: He beamed his approval of the new idea.
- on the beam Following a radio beam. Used of aircraft.
- on the beam On the right track; operating correctly.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
തടിമരം - Thadimaram ;ഉത്തരം - Uththaram | Utharam ;ദണ്ഡ് - Dhandu ;പുഞ്ചിരിതൂകുക - Punchirithookuka ;വണ്ടിത്തണ്ട് - Vandiththandu | Vandithandu ;സൂര്യകിരണം - Sooryakiranam ;