A made-up face; a grimace.
- A household implement made of absorbent material attached to a typically long handle and used for washing, dusting, or drying floors.
- A loosely tangled bunch or mass: a mop of unruly hair.
- To wash or wipe with or as if with a mop: mopped the hallway; mopping the spilled water; mopped her forehead with a towel.
- To use a mop to wash or dry surfaces: mopped along the baseboards.
- mop up To clear (an area) of remaining enemy troops after a victory.
- mop up Informal To perform the minor tasks that conclude a project or an activity.