The pouchlike enlargement of the gullet of birds, serving as a receptacle for food; the craw.
- Cultivated plants or agricultural produce, such as grain, vegetables, or fruit, considered as a group: Wheat is a common crop.
- The total yield of such produce in a particular season or place: an orchard that produced a huge crop of apples last year.
- A group, quantity, or supply appearing at one time: a crop of new ideas.
- A short haircut.
- An earmark on an animal.
- A short whip used in horseback riding, with a loop serving as a lash.
- The stock of a whip.
- Zoology A pouchlike enlargement of a bird's gullet in which food is partially digested or stored for regurgitation to nestlings.
- Zoology A similar enlargement in the digestive tract of annelids and insects.
- To cut or bite off the tops or ends of: crop a hedge; sheep cropping grass.
- To cut (hair, for example) very short.
- To clip (an animal's ears, for example).
- To trim (a photograph or picture, for example).
- To harvest: crop salmon.
- To cause to grow or yield a crop.
- To feed on growing grasses and herbage.
- To plant, grow, or yield a crop.
- crop up To appear unexpectedly or occasionally: "one of the many theories that keep cropping up in his story” ( Christopher Lehmann-Haupt).
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പക്ഷിയുടെ കണ്ഠസഞ്ചി - Pakshiyude Kandasanchi ;ധാന്യവിള - Dhaanyavila | Dhanyavila ;പൊട്ടിച്ചെടുക്കുക - Pottichedukkuka ;മുടി വെട്ട് - Mudi Vettu ;വിള - Vila ;ഉല്പന്നം - Ulpannam ;